App dev for freshwave pre-event post
Hello guys, we are again here with a new event in Oriental College of Technology that is App Development for FxOs. The event will be a full day event for the freshwave that is the students of first year on 3rd of October (Saturday).
The event will be having the following agenda:
10:00 : Introduction, club work appreciation
11:00 : FSA Program / recruitments
12:00 : Webmaker app + Thimble
1:00 : Lunch Break
1:30 : FxOs App dev Using Simulator
2:00 : FxOs App Demos
02:30 : Web literacy + talk on net neutrality
04:00 : EndOfSession
We’ll be having two sessions, the first session will be in the Auditorium and the second session will be there in the second half in the labs for trying the app development at the same time.
Hope to organise the event in a successful way with the support of our firefox club Oriental (#FxOriental). 🙂
Mr. Rahul Talreja (Mozilla RePs)
Mr. Vaibhav Bajaj ( Mozilla RePs)
Mr. Aditya Shah (ClubLead, FxOriental)
RePs portal event link: https://reps.mozilla.org/e/mozilla-awareness-day-at-firefox-club-oct/
Fb event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1025292744155882
On Sunday, 9/August/2015 it was a pleasent morning. I with Rahul Talreja hosted an event, i.e., MozCoffee. At around 12 many FSA’s from all over the bhopal met at the venue, Balaji Tower, MP nagar, Bhopal and had a great session delivered by Mr. Rahul Talreja (Rep, Mozilla).
We had a great discussion about the contribution areas in mozilla including Localization, twitter handle, webmaker and more. He also detailed us with the heirarchy of being into the community, like how to become FSA, Mozillian, Rep, council, etc also what are the responsibilities of the same.
The session was a two hours long session about the contribution in open source and how can a person be linked to a community and what are the advantages of the same.
Atlast we concluded by thanking Rahul sir for his time and making us aware about Mozilla’s mission and how can we contribute to it, and what are the benifits of it. Then we had a group photograph attached below 😀
India wants open Web – NetNeutrality
“We have 11 days left to fight anti #netneutrality..
Here’s what you can do.
1. Sign this petition over at https://www.change.org/p/rsprasad-trai-don-t-allow-differential-pricing-of-services-let-consumers-choose-how-they-want-to-use-internet-netneutrality and share it with your friends.
2. Write directly to TRAI at “[email protected]”.
You can write what you like – but you could have words that say something like
I am writing to express my concern against the actions that telecom carriers are taking against Net Neutrality. Zero Rating Apps are one of these neutrality-breaking moves.
I believe the internet is a vital resource – if telecom operators can determine which apps I use for free and which I cannot, because of their secret backroom deals – this creates an environment that is deeply anti-competitive and deeply anti-consumer.
India is an inclusive country, and we cannot have such elitist structures on the internet. We have to allow the open internet, where consumers and entrepreneurs can be free to market and use any and all apps, without the burden of knowing which apps have free bandwidth pre-paid and which don’t.
I am writing to ask you to demand net neutrality from telcos and specifically disallow Zero Rating Apps from all Internet Service Providers
3. Write to the management at Google and Twitter to get them off any and all Zero Rating apps, including Airtel, so that they don’t encourage rapacious telcos.
4. If you’re part of an industry organisation like FICCI, CII, Assocham, IMC or others, get them to lobby on behalf of consumers and entrepreneurs around India. Ask them to put forward a simple message – yes to net neutrality and no to zero rating apps.
5. Spread this message by sharing this piece on LinkedIn, and ironically on the culprits Facebook, Twitter & Google Plus. Let’s get all their members to see how evil their apparently-friendly social networks can be.
6. Get this message to your MP, and /or to Ravi Shankar Prasad or Prime Minister Modi. Make sure they know you care deeply about net neutrality and get them to legislate that neutrality-breaking activites cannot be allowed in India.
7. If any of you are members of the press, traditional or digital, feel free to re-post this entire article on your site or media vehicle, with attribution and without any significant changes. You don’t need any further permission from me.”
Do we need to pay extra for Using Social apps?
The mobile companies are charging us to use Facebook Whatsapp Amazon Flipkart instead of using the data from the current Data Pack.
Guys we must take some action as a community against this, as this is against the code of Public Web which #Mozilla Supports.
Kindly show your support by sending a mail on [email protected]
Already 75k ppl signed the petition in 3 days.
Please refer #DainikBhaskar front page Bhopal Edition dated march 31 2015.
I personally Request all to please send mail to trai on the above given address.